Generation No. 5
7. HINDERTJE JANSSEN5 BIERMANN (JOHANN HARMS4 (BIERMANN), HARM BETTEN3, BETTE2 HARMS, HARM1 (—) was born 31 March 1830 in Nesse, Ostfriesland33. She married HEYE JANSSEN DE GROOT 26 August 1849 in Nesse, Ostfriesland34, s/o Jann Janssen DE Groot. He was born ca 182735.
There appears to be a conflict in the church records. Her birth record has name as Hindertje "Janssen". Her marriage record shows name as Hindertje "Johannes" as well as birth and death record of first child and also birth record for her second child. On all other birth records for her children the second name is Janssen. Her marriage record clearly states 19 years of age, which puts her birth date in 1830. There are no other birth records for that year for any Biermanns in Nesse.
The name of Heye Janssen's father's is on his marriage record, noted as "arbeiter in Grossheide", a community located a few km southeast of Hage. The last name "de Groot" was probably adopted as a permanent surname by Heye's grandfather.
Children of HINDERTJE BIERMANN and HEYE DE GROOT are:
i. JOHANNA HEYEN6 DE GROOT, b. 22 March 1852, Nesse, Ostfriesland36; d. 04 September 1854, Kleiweg, Nesse Parish, Ostfriesland37.
Baptism: 04 April 1852, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
Burial: 07 September 1854, Nesse, Ostfriesland
ii. JOHANNA HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 20 September 1855, Kleiweg, Nesse Parish, Ostfriesland38.
Baptism: 14 October 1855, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
iii. TRIENTJE HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 08 December 1857, Kleiweg, Nesse Parish, Ostfriesland39.
Baptism: 26 December 1857, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
iv. FRAUKE HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 14 February 1860, Westdorf (Kleiweg), Nesse Parish, Ostfriesland40; d. 10 September 1861, Westdorf, Nesse Parish, Ostfriesland41.
Baptism: 14 February 1860, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
Burial: 13 September 1861, Westdorf, Ostfriesland
v. FRAUKE HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 21 September 1862, Westdorf, Nesse Parish, Ostfriesland42.
Baptism: 05 October 1862, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
vi. HARMINA HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 19 March 1865, Nesse, Ostfriesland43.
Baptism: 02 April 1865, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
vii. JOHANNES HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 15 February 1868, Nesse, Ostfriesland44.
Baptism: 08 March 1868, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
viii. LENA HEYEN DE GROOT, b. 30 April 1872, Nesse, Ostfriesland45.
Baptism: 12 May 1872, Evangelische Kirche Nesse, Ostfriesland
8. ANNA ELISABETH HARMS5 BIERMANN (BETTE HARMS4, HARM BETTEN3 (BIERMANN), BETTE2 HARMS, HARM1 (—) was born 24 February 1831 in Kleinheide, Hage Parish, Ostfriesland46, and died 19 June 1861 in Hage, Ostfriesland47. She married TAMME REENTS SCHREITLING 18 February 1855 in Hage, Ostfriesland48, s/o Reent Schreitling & Maria Trauernicht. He was born 07 March 1823 in Hage Parish, Ostfriesland49, and died 05 May 1891 in Ostfriesland, Germany50.
ANNA ELISABETH HARMS BIERMANN:
Burial: 25 June 1861, Hage, Ostfriesland
TAMME REENTS SCHREITLING:
Tamme, s/o Reent (surname "Schreitling" adopted by father)
Occupation: "Arbeiter, Gesindemakler und Nachtwachter". (OSB: Hage)
Children of ANNA BIERMANN and TAMME SCHREITLING are:
i. MARIA ELIZABETH6 SCHREITLING, b. 11 April 1855, Hage Parish, Ostfriesland51; d. 28 May 1855, Hage Parish, Ostfriedland51.
ii. MARIA ELIZABETH SCHREITLING, b. 29 August 1856, Hage Parish, Ostfriesland51; d. 05 October 1856, Hage Parish, Ostfriedland51.
iii. BERTUS TAMMEN SCHREITLING, b. Bet. 1857 - 1860, Ostfriesland52; m. ANTJE EDEN SCHWITTERS, 04 May 1884, Norden, Ostfriesland53.
BERTUS TAMMEN SCHREITLING:
Occupation: "Schneidermeister” (master tailor) in Hage
iv. REENT BERENDS SCHREITLING, b. 08 February 1861, Hage Parish, Ostfriesland54; m. EKE HINRICHS DEKENA, 09 May 1886, Theener, Ostfriesland55; b. 24 May 1860, Ostfriesland56.
REENT BERENDS SCHREITLING:
Occupation:"Zimmermeister” (master carpenter) in Theener. Theener (part of Hagermarsch), near the coast opposite the island of Nordernay = few km northwest of Nesse.
9. JANN BETTEN5 BIERMANN (BETTE HARMS4, HARM BETTEN3 (BIERMANN), BETTE2 HARMS, HARM1 (—) was born 20 December 1836 in Kleinheide, Hage Parish, Ostfriesland57, and died 24 December 1902 in Wilhelmshaven, Germany58. He married (1) HILKE MARGARETE FRERICHS 09 March 1862 in Hohenkircken, Duchy of Oldenburg, Germany59, d/o Johann Frerichs and Tomke Ihnken. She was born 01 May 1833 in Hohenkirchen, Oldenburg60, and died 02 October 1871 in Hohenkirchen, Oldenburg61. He married (2) HANNA MARIA REINERS ca 1873 in Germany.62 She died aft. 24 December 1902 in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.63
JANN BETTEN BIERMANN:
First name spelled variably, Jann and Jan in church records. On Civil Registration Documents it is spelled "Johann". Jann Betten Biermann was a general laborer (arbeiter). (1) March 1862 @ Grimmens (2) May 1862 @ Landeswarfen (3) September 1865 @ Weinberg (4) 1874 @ Jever area
Jann Betten Biermann and Hilke Margarete Frerichs were married at Hohenkircken, located a few km from Jever. The Hohenkirchen church records for the year 1862 note proclamation of marriage was given on 13 February and 2 March 1862. Their marriage was on 9 March 1862. Jann Betten was a labourer at Grimmens and Hilke was a midwife from Werdum.
The marriage was also recorded at Hage, but no date and place of marriage ("dag und ort trauung") is given in the church record. Jann Betten is referred to as "arbeiter zu Hohenkirchen". His father, Bette Harms, was living at Holzdorf at this time.
Jan(n) Bette's birth and marriage is also recorded in the OSB for Hage. The publications of banns (aufgebot) is entered as 2 March 1862. The names of both parents are listed.
HILKE MARGARETE FRERICHS:
Burial: 06 October 187164
HANNA MARIA REINERS:
No marriage record located; date of marriage based on Church record of an unchristened daughter (ungetauft tochter) who was the first born child (das erstbeboren), born on 02 September 1874 and died the same day (am gleichen tag gestorben)
Children of JANN BIERMANN and HILKE FRERICHS are:
10. i. JOHANN HEINRICH BERNHARD6 BIERMANN, b. 11 May 1862, Hohenkirchen, Oldenburg; d. 04 July 1929, Vojens, Denmark.
ii. TOMKE MARIA ELISABETH BIERMANN, b. 23 September 1865, Hohenkirchen, Oldenburg.
Children of JANN BIERMANN and HANNA REINERS are:
iii. _______ BIERMANN, b. 02 September 1874, Jever Parish, Oldenburg, Germany65; d. 02 September 1874, Jever, Oldenburg, Germany65
iv. SIEBELT JOHANNES BIERMANN, b. 28 June 1876, Jever, Oldenburg, Germany66.
SIEBELT JOHANNES BIERMANN:
Siebelt (lastname), Siebels (Firstname), also Sybelts, Sieboldt, Siegboldt Zieboldt, old Friesian Name. 1333 in Bremen (Sibbele). Source: Bahlow, Deutsches Namenslexikon.
11. v. JOHANN BETTUS BIERMANN, b. 09 May 1878, Jever, Oldenburg, Germany; d. 26 May 1955, Lueneburg, Germany.
vi. IDA ELISE BIERMANN, b. 16 August 1882, Jever, Oldenburg, Germany67.